- Search the cultist camp for artifacts.
- Strange metal clockwork key held by a dead cultist on the ground in front of one of the tents. 422.6 877.9 y 77.0 3100
- Search the camp for a map of the cultists' excavations.
- Inside the tent. 427.1 878.4 y 77.0 3100
- Go to the first excavation site.
- Power up the custodian.
- Follow the custodian.
- Ends under the middle of the big ribcage 381.6 790.0 y 54.8 3100
- Find what the custodian is pointing at.
The custodian is pointing upwards. Locate the Strange metal piece on top of the ribcage. 382.8 788.9 y 76.3 3100
- Investigate the fourth excavation site.
- Investigate the third excavation site.
- Investigate the second excavation site.
Second excavation site (location)
- Custodian on the ground, in the canyon north of Nefertari the younger. 352.6 478.0 y 54.3 3100
- The custodian stops halfway up the slope, at 377.4 466.3 y 74.8 3100 , and points into the rocks.
- There is a level on top of the rocks. Click to open the secret cave and get the Strange metal piece inside.
Third excavation site (location)
- Custodian on the ground, inside the cave close to the stairs. Southwest of the Tainted Burrow 35.0 617.4 y 55.4 3100
- The custodian stops in front of the ruins, at 100.1 635.1 y 77.3 3100 , and points into the web.
- Pick up the Strange metal piece inside the web.
Fourth excavation site (location)
- Custodian on the ground, under the stone bridge northwest of First Temple 105.0 391.8 y 55.0 3100
- The custodian stops at 65.5 385.9 y 54.0 3100 , pointing at the dead Orochi.
- Find where the rest of them went to find the Strange metal piece for the update.
Follow the blood splatters to find the locked Orochi transport container around the corner. 12.5 376.2 y 56.6 3100
The laptop has the code to open the container.
But of course the laptop itself is also password protected. It gives a hint though:
It's a reference to the movie Horse Feathers
The password is mentioned in the movie.
The Wikipedia page also has it listed under notable scenes.
The password for the laptop is the same as the password used in one of the movie's scenes.
Entering this into the computer gives the keycode for the container:
- Assemble the strange pieces.
As the journal says you need to assemble them using the assembly window.
You need to place them in the correct pattern for it to work.
If you look at the icons they form something.
Make a 2 x 2 square pattern of the metal pieces. Place them so that the icons represent the image of a bigger circular wheel.
- Find what the ancient key is for.
Look at the picture in the journal. It depicts the entrance of the location where the key works.
By looking at how the mountainside is in relation to the shadows you should be able to see which side of the canyon walls to look at.
You might have been at the location already if you did one of the missions given by Nefertari the Younger.
- You need to enter the Hall of lost Records. The picture is showing the entrance at 370.0 256.5 y 54.1 3100 , which is slightly south of the Juncture resurrection point.
- Follow the corridor to its end, then open the southeast door in Nefertari's chamber. 609.1 171.6 y 55.3 3100
- Click on the Strange socle in the sarcophagus to get the final update.
- 25000 , 4 .